Recherché Photography

Recherché Photography is one of the most sought after studios in the Boulder-Denver area for their unique signature style of wedding & portrait photography and their gorgeous custom album designs. Regina Mountjoy is the owner and primary photographer. Destination weddings have been the primary work for Regina but she has finally put down roots in the heart of adorable old-town Louisville, CO and opened a portrait studio and boutique. Please come visit!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Colorado, United States

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Isabella Davis is 4 and a half!

I am dying over these images. I sometimes wonder if all my images start looking the same, but I just cannot get over how much I love the way these turned out. I photographed Isabella when she was two years old so we could post the images online for her daddy to see who was in Iraq. So of course I was super excited when the whole family came in for Isabella's 4 and a half portraits and a few family shots! And I finally got to meet Bob! Isabella seems just a bit more shy than Bob, but it didn't take either of them long to warm up and start smiling at me!
Put a girl in a tutu and just TRY to keep her from spinning. Actually, just try to keep a little girl from spinning at all!OK, I'm exceptionally emotional these days. But these images just made me choke right up. They resonate with me. Perhaps the expression of quiet uncertainty in a new place with a new person. (I'm much more shy than most people realize.) And when do we really grow out of needing to hold our favorite stuffed animals for a little security and comfort? To be honest, I don't think I have yet. Elly, my elephant that my mother made me when was two, is unpackable. She sits on my closet shelf and I kiss her every day. Ahh, midnight blogging confessions... Back to the photos!Someone was starting to feel a little left out!

Watch out, Vogue, here comes Isabella- in about 15 years!!

And here's one of my favorites! Shot right behind my back! We were playing a "your camera can't catch me" game that Isabella invented and in the midst of about 20 shots of cars and clouds I caught this gem! Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home