Recherché Photography

Recherché Photography is one of the most sought after studios in the Boulder-Denver area for their unique signature style of wedding & portrait photography and their gorgeous custom album designs. Regina Mountjoy is the owner and primary photographer. Destination weddings have been the primary work for Regina but she has finally put down roots in the heart of adorable old-town Louisville, CO and opened a portrait studio and boutique. Please come visit!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ireland

I'm not quite sure what it is, but Ireland grounds me as a human being. Just flying into the country makes me feel more quiet and comfortable in my own skin.

I think it was my first trip to Ireland about 5 years ago that I discovered a love for photographing old graveyards.


We took a drive through the countryside, chauffered by a local taxicab driver who regaled us with stories and patiently pulled over almost everytime we saw something we were dying to shoot. Another charming photograph of Julie Harris. I think this may have been one of the only "people" shots I did in Ireland. While Julie & Paige are inspired by the human interest aspect of photos, I really tend toward still life. More and more I find myself wandering off bedazzeled by some little flower or a haunting landscape that I will never be able to do justice.
The treasured swans of Galway.
The calm before the storm. Within about an hour of taking this photograph a very blustery storm came in with winds so strong we could barely stand up straight!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home