Recherché Photography

Recherché Photography is one of the most sought after studios in the Boulder-Denver area for their unique signature style of wedding & portrait photography and their gorgeous custom album designs. Regina Mountjoy is the owner and primary photographer. Destination weddings have been the primary work for Regina but she has finally put down roots in the heart of adorable old-town Louisville, CO and opened a portrait studio and boutique. Please come visit!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Colorado, United States

Monday, January 14, 2008

Garden Delights


One of the most amazing things about Australia and New Zealand is the incredible floral bounty. Both places are so full of life...the first thing that struck me on landing in Australia is how noisy it is! Nothing like arid Colorado. The birds and insects make it sound like a full-on rainforest...quite a cacophany!

After the gorgeousness of the rose gardens where Wendy was married, I couldn't wait to see more botanical sights. Sydney's botanical garden beckoned...and it amazed me with masses of HUGE amazing bats! I almost cried with delight when I saw them. Perfect.

The Brisbane Botanical Gardens was next on our garden tour of Australia (by this point punctuated by huge meals, water tours, more huge meals...). Stunning! They do lush properly in this country, if I do say so myself.

Once we hopped the pond to New Zealand, it was off to the world-renowned Botanic Gardens in Christchurch. My idea of heaven! We spent eight hours there over two days and I took pictures until my fingers were practically numb!

I get to see quite a few flowers in my wedding adventures, but the floral bounty in these gardens is truly a sight to be seen. Enjoy my photographic foray into flowers, flowers, and more flowers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home