Recherché Photography

Recherché Photography is one of the most sought after studios in the Boulder-Denver area for their unique signature style of wedding & portrait photography and their gorgeous custom album designs. Regina Mountjoy is the owner and primary photographer. Destination weddings have been the primary work for Regina but she has finally put down roots in the heart of adorable old-town Louisville, CO and opened a portrait studio and boutique. Please come visit!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Wonder Years

I'm not sure what it is about this time in a young family's life but it is magical. The photo shoot with Gabrielle and Gavin brought up so many vivid and tender memories of when my brother and I were their same age (3 and 1). The photographs I have of my little brother, Daniel, and I are perhaps the most treasured items I own. The above two shots are two of my favorites. Daniel died when he as 15 and I was 17 and I have never seemed to have recovered from the loss. As soon as these children came into the studio I saw the similiarities and I found myself attempting to create images that have the same feel as my own childhood images.Not a very romantic location - nestled between a couple of dumpsters and the sun just overhead, but we were all delighted with these "family portraits"! I think this might typify the exact opposite of the traditional olan mills portrait- except we are inside. As I told Tim & Angie as soon as they walked in the door- I seem to be incapable of "posing" my subjects so family sessions usually feel completely unstructured and messy. But it is so amazing to see what we get! It is always something new and unexpected! I adore this photo.

And here are some of my favorite family shots of all time. An impromptu ring-around-the-rosy game! No time to switch lenses or even stand up so I just leaned all the way back on the floor wedged myself up against the wall (in a "crunch" position) and took these shots. I love them so much.

1 Comments:

Blogger phillips said...

Thanks so much Regina! I think we enjoyed it as much as you did. We can hardly wait to get the photos. I'm sorry I didn't know that about your brother. I lost my sister when I was sixteen and I wish I had photos of us like this!

July 15, 2008 at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home