Recherché Photography

Recherché Photography is one of the most sought after studios in the Boulder-Denver area for their unique signature style of wedding & portrait photography and their gorgeous custom album designs. Regina Mountjoy is the owner and primary photographer. Destination weddings have been the primary work for Regina but she has finally put down roots in the heart of adorable old-town Louisville, CO and opened a portrait studio and boutique. Please come visit!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Colorado, United States

Friday, May 30, 2008

Falling in Love

Art can be emotional, raw and challenging. I love to see clients and potential customers react to my photography. But what happens when the tables are turned? I got to find out during our recent trip to Mexico.

I have a problem with resorts. Something just seems wrong about utilizing a poor town's finest resources for the sake of a vacation. There was something else that bothered me in Mexico: a painting. The second I saw it, I felt a switch turn on. This is what I want my life to feel like, I remember thinking. This is what I want my body and my home and my future to feel like. THIS is art.

It was love at first sight. I had to have it.

Enter the crisis of purchasing art. Is it worth it? Can we afford it? Can we afford not to own it? I almost choked on the price...and after a few days of discussion and sleepless nights, I decided I had to invest in another artist's work, something I believe in and that evoked such a strong reaction in me.

Now that the painting is home with us, it continues to challenge. How can we best display it? Are we ready for a new coat of arms for our home and our family?

All of these questions, thoughts, and emotions point to the beauty and power of great art. Something to chew on as I go through an artistic life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home