Recherché Photography

Recherché Photography is one of the most sought after studios in the Boulder-Denver area for their unique signature style of wedding & portrait photography and their gorgeous custom album designs. Regina Mountjoy is the owner and primary photographer. Destination weddings have been the primary work for Regina but she has finally put down roots in the heart of adorable old-town Louisville, CO and opened a portrait studio and boutique. Please come visit!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Louisville, Colorado, United States

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sterling Glenn Hurst

Oh my. I have now officially fallen in love with my job. Again. I connected with Amelia within minutes of talking to her on the phone. And when she & Douglas brought in their 8-week old little bundle, I was undone.
For the first 8 years of my photography career, it was hard to bear the thought of working from a studio. I couldn't imagine it. The very word conjured up visions of lost inspiration, stagnation, boredom...and crappy work. Luckily, exactly the opposite is being born in my little Louisville oasis. I was lucky enough to find a space with tons of window light, and I only shoot in-studio when there is daylight available. Every time a new little person is brought into the studio, we start to play...and new things happen. New images are created that are unique to each baby and their family.
Enjoy a sample of a creative burst! As I was unpacking the boxes of our NEW brochures (so yummy! can't wait for everyone to see them!) stuffed with craft paper, I thought, hmmm, a baby on this paper would be really cute! So when the Hurst family came in and little Sterling woke up from his car nap, we plopped him down. Douglas said, "Oh, our new little package!" I thought about creating a "Portrait Package for Your New Package" but we all agreed there were a few too many p's for comfort. And really too many words all together, but that's another story (check in with me later to hear more about our pricing and ordering overhaul, which will feature "product collections" to make the ordering process more streamlined and cost-effective for our clients. Better yet, call to schedule a portrait shoot!). I adore the image below. I asked Amelia and Douglas to sit and suddenly I saw the quintessential love triangle with everyone connected. Amelia is enamored with baby Sterling, while both hands are placed on her husband. Douglas is enamored with his wife, but cradling Sterling. Sterling...he's just soaking it up, as he should be. My clients are so perfectly considerate. Aiming for the jeans so we don't have a puddle on the floor. Thank you, Douglas! And thank you, Sterling, for a lovely photo op!I don't usually allow dogs inside the studio during portrait sessions. It's just a little too chaotic and messy. But rules are made to be broken (at least that's what I tried to explain to my parents for about 23 years). And Ottman was a perfect gentleman. So perfectly behaved- a well trained dog is a happy dog, as they say. And that makes for a perfect family portrait- Recherche style.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, doug.

May 6, 2008 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger ranch mama said...

regina,

with advances in technology these days, it seems everyone can turn over a photo.. but, you create magic. thank you for allowing the space and time for natural beauty to arise instead of contriving awkward one-dimensional depictions. lovely work to be able to capture what new parents feel in their hearts instead of maybe their tired bodies and eyes.

we love you.
a

December 9, 2008 at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home